- Canada, Geoffrey. Fist Stick Knife Gun: A Personal History of Violence in America
- Hyams, Joe. Zen in the Martial Arts
- Kurz, Thomas. Stretching Scientifically: A Guide to Flexibility Training
- Lee, Bruce. Tao of Jeet Kun Do
- Lee, Grand Master Haeng Ung The Way of Traditional Taekwondo, vol. A and vols. 1-10.
- Mailer, Norman. The Fight
- Miller, Davis. The Tao of Bruce Lee: A Martial Arts Memoir
- Mauser McCord, Pat. A Bundle of Sticks
- Polly, Matthew. American Shaolin
- Polly, Matthew. Bruce Lee: A Life
- Remnick, David. King of the World: Muhammad Ali and the Rise of an American Hero
- Twigger, Robert. Angry White Pyjamas
The author is a 3rd-degree black belt who grew up in the South Bronx and taught Taekwondo at a youth center there before becoming a national leader on childhood education and development.
Spiritual lessons learned from martial arts legends (including Bruce Lee) and applied to every day life.
An excellent guide to warming up, cooling down, and tailoring your stretching exercises to the specific movements for which you are stretching. The author studied physical education at AWF (University School of Physical Education) in Warsaw, one of the top East European institutions that prepare coaches, instructors, teachers of physical education, and rehabilitation specialists. While still a student, he was appointed assistant coach of the students' judo team.
Bruce Lee's treatise on the martial art he created.
The philosophy and tradition of Songahm Taekwondo, along with the entire curriculum from white through 1st-degree black belt. Contact us to order these books.
An account of the Mohammed Ali-George Foreman "rumble in the jungle" in Zaire.
A combination of personal autobiography and (much better-written) Bruce Lee biography, with some unorthodox conclusions.
A book for pre-teens and teens about self-defense and avoiding conflict.
A humorous account of the two years that the author (a friend of Master Schreiber) spent studying Kung Fu at China's legendary Shaolin Temple.
The definitive biography of Bruce Lee.
An account of Ali's early career, focusing on his two fights with Sonny Liston. Written by the Pulitzer Prize-winning editor of the New Yorker magazine.
An Oxford poet's self-deprecating tale of his time studying aikido with the Tokyo Riot Police.
Add to the list
If you know of a book that you think belongs on this list, please send us your recommendation.